VAST REFURB WILL INCLUDE EUROPE'S LARGEST DIGITAL CEILING AMONGST OVER 1500M² OF LED SCREENS AND SIGNAGE
ADI will install Europe’s largest digital ceiling as part of a huge digital transformation project at Manchester’s iconic Printworks venue.
The multi-million-pound project will see ADI install, create content for and operate a giant multimedia creative platform that spans the entire ceiling inside of Printworks. The project is part of a massive £16million refurbishment taking place at the city centre entertainment complex throughout 2022 which will make the venue more welcoming during both day and night. The huge, multi-faceted media platform will provide its diverse range of day/night audiences with unique and immersive experiences that harness mixed-reality applications, show-stopping creative and live gamification.
The unique combination of technology, services and expertise that ADI offer has made us the ideal partner to deliver this transformative and unique project, which includes:
- Installation of an LED ceiling screen of over 900m² throughout the whole of the Printworks
- A 90m² interactive screen in the Pumpyard area
- Two 112m² and 50m² screens on the outside of Printworks situated on Withy Grove and Dantzic Street
- Installation of multiple ribbon screens totalling 277 m² along the roofline of the exterior of Printworks
- Supply of a complete bespoke content management solution to power the whole platform
- Multiple sensors and cameras throughout the venue to allow for interactive programming and gaming
- Ongoing creation and management of bespoke creative content, with ADI working alongside Flipbook Studio in Manchester
The installation will include ADI’s proprietary MT LED technology – a next generation lightweight and slimline product designed specifically with architectural and façade usage in mind. The ceiling screen will utilise a brand-new fire-rated version of the screen; believed to be the world’s only LED panel to meet the stringent new European Standard BSEN 13501-1 certification.