The world’s greatest half marathon took place last weekend in the North East of England and it marked a special moment in elite running, as Sir Mo Farah completed his last competitive race. ADI were on-hand to help mark the occasion in style, delivering extensive sports presentation, technical production and large-scale LED screens across the event sites in Newcastle and South Shields.
Having been event delivery partners to the Great North Run – continuously – for over 20 years, we know this much-loved annual occasion extremely well. We’ve helped the organiser drive spectator and runner experience, activate brand partners and incorporate the latest and most innovative technical and presentation concepts into the event each year.
2023 Event Delivery
With 490sqm of LED screens and a dedicated team of 22 staff deployed, here’s what we delivered at the 2023 edition of the Great North Run:
Start Line – Newcastle
- iCONIC 120 Super Wide mobile screen spanning the start line, providing a versatile digital canvas to broadcast a 16:9 live race feed, motivational messaging, runner warm-up, AJ Bell branding and essential race info
- A pair of ICONIC 100’s and an iCONIC 25 as relay screens
- Sports presentation and show-calling
- Full screen production including RF cameras, graphics operators, director and engineer, working with the BBC host broadcaster
- Creative content and video assets
- Video distribution to event LED screens
- Music curation and motivational playlists
Finish Line, South Shields
- SFX design with red, white and blue smoke pyro as Sir Mo Farah crossed the finish and marked the end of his career as one of the greatest British athletes of all time!
- A fully branded iCONIC H unit to host in vision presenters, official timings and audio play-out teams, with the integrated 4mm LED screens sharing partner and event messaging to the huge crowds of spectators assembled
- An iCONIC 100 screening continuous live race coverage for spectators and runners, with lucky participants able to watch themselves cross the finish line
- An iCONIC 12 at Gypsies Green in the Charity Village streaming a live event feed via Starlink
- Screen production, Outside Broadcast facilities and signal distribution, including RF cameras and links, live graphics and social media integration