As a whopping 480,000 spectators flooded the Formula 1 Aramco British Grand Prix 2023 site for an exhilarating weekend of racing and entertainment, this year’s delivery from our team had to be bigger and better than ever – expectations which were exceeded, and records were broken yet again.
Aligning with Silverstone’s vision for a new level of entertainment and creating a site infrastructure to support the growth of this iconic event, ADI were able to deliver an incredible experience for nearly half a million F1 fans.
WHAT WE DELIVERED
- A staggering amount of LED technology – 70 screens to be exact, including a mixture of 40 mobile screens, 20 modular screens and 10 digital totems
- The design and management of a brand-new stage area, The Driver’s Inn, which hosted a full engagement schedule (see below for further details)
- Live event programming, including in-vision presenting, podcasts, competitions and fan vox-pops, for distribution to the entire screen network at Silverstone
- Creating over 250 hours of engaging content, including live graphics, hype video and bespoke audio playlists
- A total of 89 ADI staff, including sports presentation team and hosts, event broadcast team, project managers, network engineers, screen technicians and account managers
- New video distribution networks allowing tailored communication and live updates across different areas of the site
- Bespoke LED structures, such as large format screens for hospitality suites and digital totems for wayfinding and sponsor activation
OUR BRAND-NEW ADDITION: THE DRIVER’S INN STAGE
With Silverstone’s vision to elevate the level of entertainment and create a more festival-type atmosphere, we conceptualised the Driver’s Inn Stage, which was located on the outside of Copse.
This hosted exclusive content across the weekend, including Tech Talks and live podcasts such as Greg James’ popular, ‘The Fast and the Curious’ podcast. As well as this, F1 fans could also enjoy the Piing Prix mobile gaming, DJ sets, competitions, and insights from F1 teams and Women in Motorsport, amongst others.
The shows were filmed and distributed to our screens across the whole site, meaning F1 fans could be immersed in the entertainment taking place in different areas wherever they were at the circuit. ADI’s content teams worked from our brand new iCONIC X expandable unit, which offered a unique and flexible live production gallery on-site.
Keep your eyes peeled for our next blog, which delves deeper into our HUGE 2023 project with Silverstone, including exciting video coverage and client testimonials! 👀